The Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Kozhikode has released the preliminary answer key for the Common Admission Test (CAT) on November 29th. Candidates will be given time to study the same and raise objections, if any. These objections will be studied and based on it a final answer key will be released.
Download CAT 2019 Answer Keys in PDF format
Watch detailed video solutions for CAT 2019 Morning Slot:
|CAT 2019 Exam Date||24th November 2019|
|CAT 2019 Answer Key||29th November 2019|
|Submit Objections||In 3 days after the release of answer key|
|Result Declaration||2nd week of January 2020|
Procedure to Download CAT 2019 response sheet:
To download CAT answer key 2019, candidates need to follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Visit the official website of CAT i.e. https://iimcat.ac.in/
- Click on the ‘login’ tab
- Enter CAT login ID and password
- Check the CAT 2019 answer key/ your response sheet
If there is an incorrect answer in CAT 2019 Answer Key, candidates can raise their objections within 3 days. It is advisable that candidates raise their doubts after consulting teachers or other test takers. Following are the steps to raise objection:
- Use CAT 2019 Login and access the student dashboard.
- Click on the Objection tab and click on “+” to add your doubts.
- Choose the section, question number, and the type of objection.
- You can select either “None of the option is correct” or “More than one option is correct” or “Given Answer Key is wrong”, choose the suitable option according to your objection.
- If necessary, add the remarks within 500 words.
- Pay the applicable fee of Rs. 1200/- per objection and submit the objections.
- Once the objection window closes, the exam conducting body will thoroughly scrutinize the objections raised by various students.
- In case the doubt is found valid, the objection fee without transaction cost will be reverted back to the students.
- After proper analysis, the final CAT 2019 Answer Key or updated answer key will be released.
CAT scoring pattern:
|Section||No. of Questions||Marks per right answer||Marks per wrong answer|
(only for MCQ type)*
*There is no negative marking for TITA (non-MCQ) questions
Total Marks = Number of Correct Answers x 3 – Number of Incorrect Answers (only for MCQ) x 1
CAT 2019 Paper Analysis:
A score of roughly 155 to 160 marks is needed for 99 percentile, a score of 130 – 135 marks is needed for 95 percentile and a score of 112 – 117 is needed for 90 percentile. Given below is the table with ideal number of question attempts for each section. It roughly takes into account the ratio of MCQ (– 1 negative marking) and Non-MCQ (no negative marking) questions and around 80% – 85% accuracy in each section for both the slots.
You can check out the detailed analysis for both CAT 2019 Morning slot as well as Afternoon slot by clicking here.
CAT 2019 Helpline:
Number: 1-800-209-0830 (Mon – Sat, 9:00AM – 6:00PM)