With only three days left to SNAP, make sure you have downloaded your admit card and pasted a passport-sized coloured photograph on the space provided for it. If you haven’t downloaded your admit card, click here.
- Please note that SNAP 2019 test will be a computer based test.
- SNAP Test duration is of 120 minutes.
- Date: 15 December 2019; Time: 2pm – 4pm.
- SNAP Test is an objective test. Each question has four responses (Only for Normal Questions). Candidate should choose an appropriate response.
- Each wrong answer attracts 25% negative marks for Normal Questions and for Special Questions also.
- In Quantitative Section for special questions, which will have blanks where answers should be entered by the candidate using the virtual keyboard. For Example – What are the last two digits of the number 745? Then by using virtual keyboard you have to enter the answer as 07
- The result will be announced on 10th January 2020 (Friday).
- SNAP has also released a test day guide which you can download by clicking here.
Change in exam pattern: No GK section in SNAP 2019.
|Test duration||2 hours|
|Nature of questions||Normal questions and special questions|
|Number of sections||3 (VA/RC, LR/DI, Quant)|
|Total number of exam centers||90|
|Mode of examination||Online|
|Timings of examination||2 PM to 4 PM|
Although SNAP never mentioned if there is a sectional cutoff, it is advisable to score decently in each section. Looking at past trends, we can only assume that there will be no sectional cutoff.
SUBJECT WISE BREAKUP OF QUESTIONS – SNAP 2019
|Section name||Normal questions||Marks per correct answer||Special Questions||Marks per correct answer||Total questions||Marks (Total)|
|General English: Reading Comprehension, Verbal Reasoning, Verbal Ability||34||1.5||0||0||34||51|
|Analytical & Logical Reasoning||36||1.5||0||0||36||45|
|Quantitative, Data Interpretation & Data Sufficiency||35||1||5||2||36||54|
SYLLABUS OF SNAP
- Quantitative, Data Interpretation & Data Sufficiency
- Geometric and Arithmetic progressions.
- Venn Diagrams/Set Theory
- Quadratic Equation/Linear Equation
- Profit and Loss/Percentage
- P n C/Probability
- Number System
- Trigonometry/Geometry/Co-ordinate Geometry
- HCF and LCM
- Ratio and Proportion/Averages/Allegation
- Simple interest and Compound interest
- Analytical & Logical Reasoning
- Symbol Based Problems
- Coding and Decoding puzzles
- Line chart and Pie Charts
- Critical Reasoning
- Seating Arrangement
- Column Graphs and Bar Graphs
- Visual Reasoning
- Data Interpretation based on texts, graph
- General English
- Sentence Completion/Odd One Out
- Sentence Correction/Spelling Based Question
- Fill in the Blanks
- Idioms and Syllogisms
- Contextual Usage
- Jumbled Paragraphs
Also, it would be beneficial if you keep these 3 things in mind:
- Revise important formulae and re-attempt important questions
- Write 1 mock test by tomorrow, analyze it properly and keep solving question sets
- Relax a day before the exam and sleep well.
These points are elaborately explained in the article- “5 things to do in the last 3 days before CAT“. Similar advice is very much applicable for SNAP as well. 3 days to SNAP, we wish you all the best!